#social action #peace building #youth #reconciliation #sport #mediation
Erasmus+ RESOLVE:WEST is a reconciliation youth exchange & network programme which aims to use the power of Conflict Resolution tools i.e. Simulation Games, Sport, Practical reconciliation i.e. Mediation, People-to-people dialogue & wider reconciliation tools & learning to resolve local & community-level conflicts which especially affects young people today.
Selected participants will take part in one or more of 4 youth exchanges hosted by one of the partner organisations—Asfar, Wings of Hope, CSYO Azerbaijan and CATED Morocco—in different locations across Europe and North Africa.
The training program will bring together a total of 24 young people coming from BiH, UK, Azerbaijan, and Morocco.
Link to the project: https://www.asfar.org.uk/erasmus/erasmus-resolve-west/
What participants will learn:
Throughout the activity, participants will not only participate on a unique transnational learning activity, but will also develop leadership and team-working skills, social action and citizenship outlooks and a wide range of competences, essential for their communities, their country and Europe. With an emphasis on participants learning how to use Simulation games, Sport for Peace and Sport for Development tools to RESOLVE:WEST conflicts, participants will be enabled to be social leaders and mediators within their societies using the power of Sport to change their communities.
- Conflict Resolution through practical reconciliation learning
- The development of non-cognitive Life Skills
- Social Action & Network Management in learners
- Intercultural and reconciliation communication skills
- Understanding facilitation, training and project delivery and the use of reconciliation methods/techniques
- Learn about Sport for Development, Simulation games and how to
use Adapted Sports techniques to resolve conflict within communities
- Social Action and Citizenship
- Social Tolerance and fight against xenophobia and conflicts
- Engage and build mutual understanding through the power of Sport
- Design and launching your own Conflict Resolution project
- Employability skills and YouthPass
- Taking part in a network of young Peace-builders
- Bosnian nationality or resident in Bosnia
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Target audience: young people who have been or are affected by conflict and have experienced social intolerance within their communities
- Young people with socio-economic and wider disadvantages i.e. unemployed, underemployed, with health/disability issues etc.
- Future or current youth workers and community leaders
DATES AND PLACES FOR THE NEXT TWO EXCHANGES:
14-20 March 2020 – Baku, Azerbaijan
5-11 April 2020 – Marrakech, Morocco
Registration deadline: February 10
To apply, please send your motivation letter to Renata Glavinka at firstname.lastname@example.org
Working language: English
Participation to the exchange, food and accommodation are fully covered by the Erasmus+ program. Travel costs from BiH to Baku and Marrakech as well as visa fees will be reimbursed.
This training is co-organized by Asfar (UK), Wings of Hope/Fondacija Krila Nade (BiH).